Translate

Monday, July 15, 2013

A Different Way to Save

After a couple of long posts, I thought I would make this one a short and sweet one.  No need to overload on info just yet! I hope you all have been applying some of the suggestions I've given to save money on clothing and accessories. I also hope they have been helpful!

Now for today's post....As many of us have come to realise, there are so many ways to save money these days. From couponing to going to seminars and reading books about how to get the best deals. there's just so much to take in!  Amidst all of these many ways to save, I feel as though there's one trick to save money that has gone overlooked by many. What is this trick? Signing up for emails from your favorite stores!   What most people forget is it's a great way to get in on sales before it's announced on their website. What's even better,  is a number of the websites do member only sales with huge discounts. Through member only, or secret sales, I've been able to buy countless items on websites like Modcloth that almost always have clothing that is way out of my budget. Through their member only sales I was able to purchase two gorgeous dresses for $40. Each dress was originally around $50 each before the sale. Even stores like Potterybarn will give you advanced notice of when a big sale is going to happen. A lot of the stores will even do big online only sales when they are getting ready to clean out their inventory in preparation for the next season. Something else these stores do, is have huge warehouse clearing events at the end of the year. Which means HUGE discounts for you. The only way you can find out about the warehouse events is through the email memberships, or if you know some one who works at the store. Some times they even post it on Twitter, but then you have the chance of missing out on that Twitter post if you're not on there all the time. I know I have! Another cool thing about becoming a member on a website is most of the websites will send you coupons for your Birthday or to celebrate the Anniversary of you signing up to be a member. Pretty cool, right?

 There is one drawback for most people about signing up for the email notifications, the fear of getting spammed. I completely understand that concern! I've been guilty of signing up for to many store's emails and getting my inbox filled with unnecessary emails about stores. Or even having them sell my info to other stores who have spammed me. Through those experiences, I've learned a few ways to avoid both getting spammed, and signing up for to many store's emails. 

1. Only sign up for the stores that you buy an item from a once a week, or at the very least twice a month.

2. Read through the member agreement (if they have one) to see if they are going to give your info to other sister stores, or to stores you 'might be interested in'.

3. If you do sign up for email notifications, make sure to set the preferences for how often you want to be emailed and what you want to be notified about.

I hope you all can use this info to help you save some money! Have an awesome week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment