Translate

Sunday, July 7, 2013

How to Make a Quick Trip to a Thrift Store

I have been so busy with working, and then getting a nasty cold that these past few weeks  I neglected to update the blog with a new post. Hopefully you all can forgive me :) . 

Today I wanted to write a post on some easy tips on how to make a quick trip to a thrift store. I know that there are some days where I really want to stop by a store, but just don't have enough time. For days like this I have come up with some tips on how to make a 30 minute trip to the store, and sometimes even an hour trip, into a 15 minute trip.

1. First, try to only look at three specific colors. I'm usually drawn to darker colors,  like purple or blue.

2. Once you have decided on colors, the next step is to decide what materials you are not interested in. I personally like to stay away from any material that is stretchy or silky.

3. Next, determine what patterns you want to stay away from. Like polkadots or stripes.

4. Once you have all these things figured out, shop! 

My quick trip usually looks like this with all the steps put into use: I go to the brown rack, run my fingers across each item and scan each shirt for pieces without stripes or sequence. Once I see a piece that meets all my requirements, I take it off the rack and decide whether I want to try it on or put it back. 

Each time I use these guidelines my usual time spent at the store is about 15 minutes. It does vary though depending on how big the store is and how much they have of each item. 

Hope you all can use these tips and  I hope they work for you! Have a nice week every one!

No comments:

Post a Comment